The 15 Marks of the Catholic Church
Developed by St. Robert Bellarmine,1542-1621, Doctor of the Church
1. The Church's Name, Catholic, universal, and world wide, and not confined to any particular nation or people.
2. Antiquity, in tracing her ancestry directly to Jesus Christ.
3. Constant Duration, in lasting substantially unchanged for so many centuries.
4. Extensiveness, in the number of her loyal members.
5. Episcopal Succession, of her Bishops from the first Apostles at the Last Supper to the present hierarchy.
6. Doctrinal Agreement, of her doctrine with the teaching of the ancient Church.
7. Union, of her members among themselves, and with their visible head, the Roman Pontiff.
8. Holiness, of doctrine in reflecting the sanctity of GOD.
9. Efficacy, of doctrine in its power to sanctify believers, and inspire them to great moral achievement.
10. Holiness of Life, of the Church's representative writers and defenders.
11. The glory of Miracles, worked in the Church and under the Church's auspices.
12. The gift of Prophecy found among the Church's saints and spokesmen.
13. The Opposition that the Church arouses among those who attack her on the very grounds that Christ was opposed by His enemies.
14. The Unhappy End, of those who fight against her.
15. The Temporal Peace and Earthly Happiness of those who live by the Church's teaching and defend her interests.
For more Catholic resources to feed your faith, visit the Crossroads Initiative Homepage.
To sign up for our free weekly e-mail with Dr. D'Ambrosio's commentary on the Sunday readings, liturgical feasts, updates on where Dr. D will be speaking, a chance to WIN a FREE CD and MORE, CLICK HERE!
Feast of Faith - The Transforming Power of the Eucharist
In this enlightening, four-part adult faith formation series (on 2 CDs), Dr. D’Ambrosio takes you on a journey of discovery, offering profound reflections on the nature of the Holy Eucharist – the “source and summit” of the Catholic faith.
Part One – Sacrifice – discusses how the Mass is a true sacrifice, the “re-presentation” of Jesus’ sacrifice on the Cross.
Part Two – Real Presence – The uniqueness of Jesus’ presence in the Eucharist is contrasted with the other ways he is present in the world. Out need to be properly prepared to receive Jesus in the Eucharist is discussed in…
Part Three – Preparation – we need to have more faith, more appetite, more repentance, and more forgiveness. Finally…
Part Four – Adoration – offers practical ways we can grow in our devotion to the Holy Eucharist. This is a must-have series for RCIA and Parish Adult Faith Formation.
Feast of Faith DVD - $49.95
Feast of Faith – CD - $19.95
Feast of Faith – Workbook - $6.95