Touching Jesus Through The Church DVD (N. America) - Dr. Marcellino D'Ambrosio
Touching Jesus Through The Church DVD (N. America)
by Marcellino D'Ambrosio, Ph.D.
Beginning with Marcellino's own story of finding new life and meaning in Christ within the Catholic Church, Touching Jesus through the Church covers the most prominent Catholic distinctives most commonly misunderstood by non-Catholics and Catholics alike. In these videos, used in nearly 1,000 parishes throughout the English-speaking world, Dr. D'Ambrosio makes plain why Catholic teaching makes sense and why living as a Catholic is an exciting adventure. The humor and energy of these videos, each about 35 minutes in length, makes for exceptionally enjoyable and easy listening.
Touching Jesus Through the Church is a perfect discussion-starter for adult religious ed, RCIA, confirmation class, high school religion, and basic Christianity courses such as Alpha.
- Who Needs the Catholic Church? Why we can't just be freelance Christians or simply select the congregation to attend based on who has the best music and the most dynamic teaching.
- Baptism: Gateway to Life What does a personal commitment to Jesus as Lord and Savior have to do with getting water poured on your head as an infant? Why do Catholics use holy water and make the sign of the cross?
- Confirmation: Empowered to Serve The most neglected sacrament turns out to be the key to effective witness and fruitful service, the source of spiritual gifts that makes ordinary people capable of extraordinary things.
- Personal Prayer: Pathway to Joy Intimacy is what we all crave. Here Dr. D'Ambrosio lays out a vision of prayer as intimacy that is practical even for very busy, contemporary lifestyles.
- What is the Mass? An explanation of transubstantiation and the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist that really makes the light bulbs go on.
- Getting More out of the Mass Practical strategies to make each Mass a more life-changing event.
- Keeping a Pure Heart So how can we stay right with God in a godless world? And how does the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation fit in? Why do I need to go to confession when I can confess my sins directly to Jesus?
- Mary and the Saints Do Catholics worship Mary and the Saints? If not, what is the basis in the Bible for devotion to them? Why should I honor them?
"D'Ambrosio has produced a remarkably attractive and practical introduction to Christian teaching and life, well adapted to lay persons of our day. With an excellent theological background, he draws more directly on his own experience of living the gospel as a lay teacher, a musician, a husband, and a father. He is able to speak from the heart about prayer and sacramental worship." Avery Cardinal Dulles
"These eight talks have a freshness and immediacy about them . . . Without hesitation these videos are recommended to those seeking knowledge and insight into the relevance of Catholic teaching - whether they be teachers, catechists or others. The talks are particularly recommended to those with families seeking to understand better and live the Mass and the sacraments." Anthony Clark - Director of R.E. and Catechesis, Diocese of Westminster, UK
This is the NTSC version licensed for distribution for N. America only. If you want this series shipped outside of N. America, click here.
Free shipping on orders over $35! No sales tax outside of Texas!
Within the United States
Retail Price - $114.95
Touching Jesus Through the Church available to be shipped today!