Come to the Table - Meredith Gould
Come to the Table:
A Catholic Passover Seder for Holy Week
“On the night Jesus was betrayed, he took bread and gave God thanks and praise. He broke the bread, gave it to his disciples, and said: ‘Take this, all of you, and eat it; this is my body which will be given up for you...’ ”
Come to the Table: A Catholic Passover Seder for Holy Week invites Christians to appreciate more fully the Last Seder where Jesus established the Eucharist as a sacrament.
A traditional Jewish seder adapted for home and parish use, Come to the Table includes:
- Hebrew prayers in English.
- Easy-to-follow instructions for conducting the seder.
- Details about Passover symbols and their significance relative to the sacraments, with citations to Hebrew and Christian scripture.
- Extensive commentary about historical tensions between Christians and Jews, and conditions for reconciliation.
- Guidelines for preparing traditional Passover fare and setting the holiday table.
Come to the Table is for anyone seeking to integrate the traditions of Judaism and Christianity. Interfaith families will find it an especially useful companion during Passover and Holy Week.
Author Meredith Gould, Ph.D., describes customs and debates issues with enthusiastic reverence. A Catholic convert from Judaism, she’s the author of The Catholic Home: Celebrations and Traditions (Doubleday), which received the imprimatur of the Catholic Church, and Deliberate Acts of Kindness: Service as a Spiritual Practice (Doubleday).
Click here for Excerpt #1
Click here for Excerpt #2
Adopted by Roman Catholic parishes throughout
North America for parish-based seder celebrations.
Used by youth and adult formation ministers
throughout the year
to teach about the Holy Eucharist.
"A better knowledge of the Jewish people's faith and religious life as professed and lived even now can help our better understanding of certain aspects of Christian liturgy."
Catechism of the Catholic Church 1096
Retail Price - $10.00
Sale Price - $8.50