Catholic Boot Camp
by: Tim Staples
As soon as your eyes open in the morning: Make a morning offering. Get up and put your knees on the floor. A morning offering can be in your own words or a traditional prayer like this: “O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all my relatives and friends and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father. Amen.
2. Make daily Mass. If you cannot, make a spiritual communion.
3. Some time during the day, you must make a visit to a church and spend time in front of the Blessed Sacrament to adore our precious Lord.
4. Spend a certain time reading the lives of the saints or a good book on Catholic History.
5 Spend a certain amount of time reading good Catholic Apologetics or theology.
6. Get together with at least one friend (preferably more if possible) and pray the Rosary Together.
7. Pray the Divine Office, if possible. If you need instruction as to how to do so, consult with a good local priest.
8. Go outside and get some exercise. Spend some quality time getting some physcial exercise.
9. NOT TV! NO RADIO! NO MODERN MUSIC! NO MOVIES! NO ELECTRONICS FOR ENTERTAINMENT (hairdryers, lights, etc. are okay!)
10. Say your prayers before going to bed.